Will retain Force India ownership, whether I stay in India or UK: Mallya
The troubled owner of Force India, Vijay Mallya, has rejected speculation about a possible sale of the team to Australian David Brabham or Supreme Formula 1 ex-Formula 1 rider Bernie Ecclestone.
In an interview with the talkSPORT radio Friday extravagant liquor and aviation tycoon said he stayed a long time due to his legal problems with the Indian government.
“There was no conversation with Brabham, I did not even know him,” he said.
“Bernie and I are good friends, always remain good friends and there is absolutely no discussion of a sales team.”
Ecclestone owned by the Brabham team, now deceased, founded by Jack Brabham in 1970 and 1980.
British magazine Autocar reported last month that David Champion’s son, a former Formula One driver, Force India could buy as part of a project to bring the Brabham sport closer for the first time since 1992.
Other reports have suggested that 86-year-old billionaire Ecclestone was involved in the offer.
Mallya, pursued by Indian authorities over unpaid loans linked to his Kingfisher Airlines fire extinguisher, was arrested in London in April and before the court next week for an extradition hearing.
India had requested the extradition of Britain Mallya be a lawsuit after fleeing next March to move banks to recover about $ 1.4 billion estimated by Indian authorities Kingfisher should.
Mallya, who has not left the country for more than a year and was unable to be present at the British Grand Prix last season, has repeatedly rejected charges against him and is defended in Twitter messages.
“The extradition proceedings are based on various allegations made by the Indian government and now the issue before a judge in the UK, I will not comment further,” he told TalkSport.
“As for Force India ownership, if I continue to live in the UK and return to India, the ownership structure of the equipment does not change at all.